- 2oz Butter
- 2oz Demerara sugar
- 2oz Golden syrup
- 2oz Plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- cover two baking trays with greese proof paper, oil the handle of four wooden spoons
- put the butter, sugar, syrup into a small pan, heat then allow to cool slightly
- sift in the flour and ginger then add the lemon juice
- put teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking trays at least 4″ apart
- bake in a preheated oven (325F, 160C) for ~8 mins (until well spread and golden brown)
- remove from oven and leave to cool slightly, when firm enough roll round spoon handles then leave to cool and harden before taking off the spoon.
crunchy brandy snaps, serve with wipped cream or melt chocolate and cover the brandy snap, allow choc to harden before eating.